Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE COMIC CON POST!!! [Part 2 of 3]

Continuing from Part 1, I've vandalized every picture that I will post today (unless it's a picture of an autograph). So click on the pictures to make them bigger and try to spot the doctored parts of my photos from The CON. Some are easy, others are a little tougher to find. Enjoy! =]

The Freakazoid!/Tiny Toons panel!

Bruce Timm: I'm sorry, what is this I'm signing?
Paul Dini: You want me to sign your yearbook? Are you sure?
Sherri Stoner: Sure I'll sign your yearbook! What a neat idea!

And it did turn out to be a neat idea! It was a lot of fun getting my high school yearbook signed.

Of course, none of these photos are gonna have doodles by me,
but people enjoyed vandalizing my memories.

Geof Darrow asked me to give him the AV Club page to sign because he didn't get to be in his AV Club back when he was in school, but we couldn't find the page. While we were flipping through my yearbook, he saw the Anime Club and yelled: "I want to sign on the Anime Club! That's another good one..."

On the last day of The Con, I got Dave Gibbons to sign my copy of The Watchmen
and then I asked if he could sign my yearbook...

Dave Gibbons: Sure! Where do I-- just anywhere? Just sign it then?
...Oh my Goodness! Is Geof here??
Me: Yeah! He's at his booth! He's a funny guy!
Dave Gibbons: Yes! Yes he is! He really is! I'll have to go see him!

Doug TenNapel: (As he's crossing out the name) I'm stealing his DNA...

Doug TenNapel was one of the highlights of the weekend for sure. On top of getting my yearbook signed by him, I got to read and flip through his new graphic novel that he's not even finished with! I told him about how Earthboy Jacobus was in my top 10 favorite graphic novels, and then I showed him my phone background (it's a picture of Jacobus) and when I did, he pulled out this thick stack of papers which turned out to be an unfinished project he was working on.
I wanted to die. T_T
The thing was stapled together and it was almost 2 inches thick! If he's not finished, and it's already that many pages...
then wow...
Bryan, I wish you were there for that! Next year you better go!

I saw Brian Wood... almost every day that I was in San Diego and he was the most excited about my idea for getting people to sign my yearbook. When I showed him Doug TenNapel's page, his eyes lit up and he really wanted to sign! It was awesome. He scanned the page looking for a good face to draw on, and then he spent another 10 seconds thinking about what to do to the face.

So Kellie told me that I need to bring my yearbook every year to The Con, and I think I'll agree with her. It's a good tradition that I've conjured up. =]

The creators of another favorite series of mine: FABLES!!!
Mark Buckingham was funny because he asked (jokingly of course) if he would get into any legal trouble by signing on people's faces.

Brian Azzarello was awesome. I'm so glad I gave him the Principal's Message page because... just look at it! That's gold right there.
...How many M's are in the word Amount?

So I have a few more yearbook signatures,
but I'll save those for Part 3.
Moving on to the final stretch of Part 2!
Don't forget to look for the vandalism!

The Ghosts at The Con were so busted...
(HA HA HA! I crack myself up...)

gIR!!!

Jabba the Hutt is a lot skinnier in person.

This was one of the best Joker costumes we saw during the 5 days.

And... I guess I'll end today with one last picture and a letter to someone who may or may not read this blog. Good Night blogspot!

Dear David B,

If you're reading this, then you already know...
I'm still not watching The Hulk.

laughing out loud at your face,
ROBOT

No comments: