Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Captain Planet Post!

Wow... so it's been over a month since my first post. I really suck at blogging. A lot has happened in a month, but I won't go into it because right now I feel like talking about Captain Planet.

Kellie and I were talking about it briefly (after the Borders Adventure to K-Town starring: Myself, Bonnie, My Cousin Jason, Kellie, Kennya, Preston!, and Terin) and it really was the cartoon of our generation. I'm gonna say it, and Kellie'll back me up!

...Okay, she might not back me up on it, but hey! That show was awesome! Captain Planet... was a superhero that was summoned by 5 rings that were given to 5 random "young people" from around the world by Whoopi Goldberg (who did the voice acting for Gaia).

But that's not all! Try to kill him with a giant robotic monster drill made out of diamonds, and he'll laugh at you and tell you it tickles. Throw some "toxic waste" on his chest, and he'll fall to his knees and lose all of his powers... wait, what? So if a monkey threw some stanky poop on him, he would die? game over?...

... yes.

But of course, the Planeteers are always around to clean the poop off him and the sun is always there to recharge him... because in the end, it was a show for kids. And a hero dying is not for kids. Look at Superman! He would never die! .... Superman died? Bad example. Batman! Batman is an idea! He lives forever! They would never kill Batman! ... crap, they've killed Batman too... I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I want to see Captain Planet die. He's become an obscure pop culture reference, but they should find a way to bring him back into popularity, and kill him... with a robot made of poop.

It'd be kinda funny if they dug this show back up and revamped it like they've been doing with the Transformers, and all those cartoons from the 80s. (Voltron the movie! 2010... no joke) When're they gonna revamp the 90s cartoons?! Bucky O'Hare the movie! (I don't expect anyone to remember that one... but if you remember it, you're my best friend... and I love you) ... that last part in the parenthesis was kinda awkward... I meant to say: ...and I love you in an uncomfortably sexual way.
...moving on

It's fun to look back on cartoons we thought were genuinely entertaining, only to find out that years later, they'd turn out to be a joke... One of my most prized possessions was an issue of the Captain Planet comic book. I still have it. It's issue number 5, and I just bought a scanner, so I'm totally gonna scan it and post it.... now!:
Look at him, with his green mullet, and the trail of glittery stars he leaves behind as he flies around that giant golden robot. Michael Bay should totally direct this movie. It would make a million dollars.
one million dollars.

Well, I guess I'll end it with that. No wait, Kevin emailed me this random video (that's perfect for this blog post today) so I'm gonna end with that instead. enjoy.

"Ma-Ti is kicked out of the team"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the best solution to buy a good qualty replica mobile phones En iyi marka ve modellerde replika telefon en iyi replika telefon her yerden alınmaz.
seçiminizi replika telefonlardikkatli
verebiliriz replika samsung s4
işte hepsi bukada.replika samsung s5
replika saat
guia de estambul
estambul tours

replika telefon