Monday, December 21, 2009

Crash

My friends and I were in K-Town playing some computer games--- because we're so cool. And we wrapped up at around 2 in the morning (drunk driver hour 0_0).

I got this feeling on the drive back that I had to be extra careful. My friend Ray told me I was being dumb-- "Dude, it's Sunday night... I doubt anything's gonna happen". About ten minutes after he said this, we were on the 101, about to switch over to the 170 and I saw a few cars, stopped on the right side. I started to slow down... and as we got closer, we noticed that it was a car accident that had JUST happened.

I was driving with my friends Ray and Davis and immediately, Ray pulled out his phone and dialed 911. I turned on my hazard lights, and I pulled over... when suddenly, out of one of the cars, an old man stumbled out, with his head bleeding and he collapsed next to his SUV.

(Davis took a picture on his iphone after all of the madness) At this point, we were all out of the car. I could hear Ray next to me answering questions from the dispatcher. "Four cars... no we were not involved... "

While this was happening, the SUV started rolling backwards, and it was about to run over the old man's leg. I sprinted towards the van, yelling "stopstopstopstopstopstop! (as if my words could stop the deadly bone crushing utility vehicle of sports 0_0)" and I put my shoulder against it... and it stopped. Fairly anti-climactic.

I asked the man if he was okay and, if he could hear me, that I needed him to try and move his leg over. He looked up at me for a second, and then he looked at his legs, and shifted them over.

I... don't think he heard a word I said, but whatever.

Meanwhile, the car that was next to the SUV was completely trashed.

The driver was still inside. It was a young dude, he was twenty something and possibly drunk. The guy smelled like alcohol according to Ray later on.

So Ray was helping out with this car, when it started to catch on fire. We heard popping, and saw tiny flames forming underneath. At this point, more people had pulled up behind us to help. One of the cars that pulled over to help, was this couple...

Off the bat, the guy tries to pick up the old man, and tells us with a voice of authority, "We have to elevate his legs! this guy's going into shock!" lolll sounded like he was quoting a crappy movie. Ray yells back at him: "do NOT move ANYONE!"

Interesting fact about Ray, he has an EMT card and is trained for this type of thing. The guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about. What's elevating the old man's legs really gonna do? :/ While this is happening, the girlfriend is yelling at us all to "back the f*** up, the car's gonna explode!"

... the fire was getting really big, but sadly, cars never explode (wish they did though!). So she starts ducking behind my car asking us all "what're you guys DOING??? run!!!"

I tell her: "There's someone in there... calm down... the car's not gonna explode." I totally should've yelled this at her...

sigh. next time.

Going back to the car that was on fire-- the driver was still inside and would not, for whatever reason, unlock his door. Ray is knocking on his window and pulling the door handle yelling: "FOOL! Your car is catching on fire, I need you to unlock your door!" While this is happening, the flames are growing. When the guy finally decides to let Ray help him out, the flames are above my head. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Hate it admit it, but all I want for Christmas next year--is a car that I can set on fire. 0_0

Anyway, the guy gets out, and his hands are covered with blood. He's convinced that he wasn't driving even though he was the only person in his car. The firetrucks finally arrive and put out the fire. 10 minutes after that, the Ambulances arrive and my car is now boxed in.

There's a firetruck to the right of my car, a highway patrol car behind my car, and of course, the accident is almost directly in front. Wouldn't've mattered though because during the chaos of the car fire, my keys had gotten locked inside my trunk. To explain this, I need to back up a bit to right after Ray instructed people to not move anyone until proper help arrived.

I heard someone say: "We need water!"--- and I got really excited! because I always keep a box of bottled waters in my trunk. So I ran from the SUV situation after we pulled the old man's e-brake, and made sure he was away from any more madness. I got my trunk open, everyone grabbed what they could, and as we turned our heads to put out what we thought was a tiny flame--- we were faced with a fire that was about 7 feet tall. Somehow during all of this, my keys fell out of my pocket, and got locked in the trunk.

My car's manual trunk opener... doesn't work...

yeahhh...

Eventually a firefighter who also owns a Camry told me "Dude, you can totally...here-- (pulls backseats forward to reveal a secret passage into my trunk)" The second he pulled those seats forward, I was GONE. I dove in there, found the glow in the dark door handle inside (KELLIE!!! I never thought I'd actually have to use it!), spotted my keys and we were outta there!!!---after they cleared a path for us. haha

My friend Peter was driving ahead of us at the time, and apparently he had to swerve out of the way as it was happening. We got a call from him a few seconds after we had pulled over to help: "ey... watch out-- there's an accident on the 101"

So that's that. Don't know how to transition into a smooth close to this blog post.

I got a B in my Calculus class. :D

Totally still have a crush on my old Calc Professor.

lol. Good Night Blogspot.

5 comments:

God said...

that was a very grand adventure you had.

i can't believe that chick totally thought the car would explode.

Daniel Kim said...

omg that was epic and sad did anyone die ?

ROBOT ON said...

to Daniel: No one died.

To Bonnie: In the movie on my life, the car will explode, right after my friend Ray kicks the doors and my friend Davis rips them open. Did I say my friends Ray and Davis? I meant my friends Jackie Chan and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Kellie said...

Robert, I responded way too late but I knew that glow in the dark handle was super handy!

Was it you that I put in the trunk or was that just myself?

ROBOT ON said...

I remember going into your trunk outside of Bonnie's place