Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Interesting Days Post

WARNING: THIS IS A LONG POST, BUT IT'S MODERATELY ENTERTAINING.
I PROMISE.

I've had some interesting days and haven't posted about them on account of me being a terrible blogger. Hmmm how should I organize this? Bullet points? Bullet points.
  • So a few days ago, I was late to work (I'M SO SORRY LIZ!!!!) and as I was rushing out, I noticed that I had parked my car near the sprinklers. I stood there for a second and watched my car getting hit with water... and I thought to myself: "There's no way around it... I'm gonna get wet." So I ran as fast as I could to the driver's side door, opening it as quickly as possible, getting hit with water, and getting water on the inside of the car as well. As soon as I shut the door, the sound of water hitting the window stopped and the hiss of the sprinklers hissed no more. I laughed hysterically all the way to work.
  • On that same day, I went to go work out with my good friend James the Cop, and it was fun as always. Afterwards, I was starving and I was short on the cash so I thought I'd stop by Wendy's to go enjoy their awesome value menu. I got the works. 5 dollars worth of the works... And like a crazy hobo I started singing to myself all the way back home. I'll paraphrase what it was like: "oooohhhh, that smells awesome! Chicken Nuggets in my stomach! Worked out today, so it's okay! French Fries, Hamburger! Dave Thomas I love you! Wendy's, you're my new favorite fast food!" Ten Minutes Later "DAVE THOMAS YOU BETRAYED ME!!! I TAKE BACK THE NICE THINGS I SAID ABOUT YOU!" So basically, they forgot to bag a few things... like my hamburger. I called them back with the number on my receipt and they told me that they were chasing my car trying to get me to come back. I'm embarrassed to say... that I was probably singing, so I didn't notice. They took my name and told me that I could come back anytime to get my junior bacon cheese burger free of charge. lohl.
  • On a positive note, Liz told me that I was goin' to Vegas for sure and I did a little dance. Happy Birthday to ME! And THANK YOU LIZ!!!! SMILEY FACE! =]
  • On Friday, I was giving Liz a ride home and I got a text from Kellie, so I read it aloud:
    I don't know if you spoke to Bonnie, but I don't think that this Phil Noto thing is really for me. After further inspection, it's just pretty much a cock
    This is where Liz and I looked at each other with confused looks. What's "a cock"? Is that like some 1940s slang that we don't know about? bzzzzt ooo another text from Kellie:
    tail party where sketchbooks are frowned upon.
    lol! cock-TAIL party! It all makes sense now! And with that, a new catch phrase was born ("...it's just pretty much a cock"--to be used to describe something lame), and Kellie learned that my phone has a limit to how many characters it can receive.
  • Bonnie's Movie Night, which I came super late to, was a lot of fun. We watched the credits to The Dark Knight and spotted one particularly unfortunate name... lemme see if I can find it for you...After seeing the name, we discussed how sad it must've been for Mr. Gooch to grow up with a name like... Gooch, and then we started making up fun stories about his life! Kellie thought that it could've been played off as a nickname. But I then re-enacted her thought: "yeah... they call me The Gooch... *wink*" and with that, it suddenly became this really creepy idea, and 'The Gooch' became my nickname for the night. lol, I found another funny name while I was combing the credits for Alan Gooch...hahaha... "They call me The Gooch... *wink* and this is my good friend, The Krochman (Pronounced Crotch Man)"
I think I'll end this post with that last bullet point. The Gooch and The Krochman... what a team. They should make a comic book together. =]

Good Night Blogspot.

3 comments:

KTP said...

You adventures involving Wendys were rather amusing. I hope that Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger is everything promised and more.

Fatty Pants said...

I read this and had to suppress my laughter at work. The suppression lead to tears and shoulder shaking. It was good times. :) sad i missed out on the gooch conversation though.

God said...

I read my mom the sprinkler story and she thoroughly enjoyed it.