Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fargo and Barack Obama

I watched Fargo for the first time today. GASP!

I like it when people gasp at you for never seeing a certain movie.

GASP! You haven't seen that movie?

I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. I've gasped at people too. We all do it, and we're all victims of it.

GASP! You haven't seen Star Wars??? (Jennifer Park tsk tsk...)

So I finally watched Fargo... and it was okay.

lol. You know what else I love? I love disappointing the people who gasp at me.

GASP! You haven't seen Fargo??? It's the Coen Brother's best movie!

(The next day) I finally saw Fargo... It was okay...

OKAY??? JUST OKAY??? Your opinion is no longer valid to me for it is not the same as MINE!
(This is of course a dramatization, but sometimes ... it sadly isn't)

(lohl = my mind's response)

Honestly... it was a good movie with no replay value for me. Maybe many years from now, I'll feel like watching it... but that's many years from now.

I think The Big Lebowski is my favorite Coen Brothers movie.
I ordered a White Russian when I was in Vegas just because of that movie. Also, Jeff Bridges is someone I'd like to party with.

Anyway, that's enough on Fargo and mooovie talk.

How are you today? Depending on how you are, I may bake you a cookie. Do I know how to bake cookies? No. But I will bake you one! I won't lie and say that I bake the best cookies for I am not a fraud!

Speaking of frauds... Continental Comics, apparently charged 40 bucks for the Obama Variant of Spiderman #583.

40 BUCKS! I was looking through their one dollar comics, and I overheard the words: "...Obama... Spiderman... sold out!.... 40 bucks"

Just to make sure that I didn't mishear... I asked him: "Are you guys talking about the Obama Variant that came out?"

"yeah."

"Did you just say that it was 40 dollars?"
"yep. And people still bought it and we sold out... There's a sucker born every minute"

That kinda thing ... just creeps me out. How can people live after doing something like that? If I ever made money or gained success through the misfortune or the backstabbing of others, I would not be me, I would be an evil moustached villain with a top hat. bwahaha!

But that's just the world.

David explained how they could make it legit, but that doesn't make it much better. Collector's Paradise was apparently selling it for $14.99. That's reasonable (I guess) for a collectors item as cheesy as that one apparently was... but 40 DOLLARS??? I hope a derelict, bearded man takes a dump in their store and gives them all hepatitis. For which they will have to pay 40 dollars to get treated...

Barack Obama will save our economy by printing his face on everything.

Good Night Blogspot.

3 comments:

Fatty Pants said...

I was gasped at three weeks ago for not having seen "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" and then shunned last night when I said that I thought it was "good, but not great". I also have never ::gasp:: seen Fargo. I should though...

God said...

Yeah. I've totally not seen Fargo either.

Anonymous said...

i'm 99% sure that i'll never watch star wars, and if i do, i assure you that i will not know what's going on
thanks for the shout out though! did you write this post and then call me?